One day Laura brought home a sunflower plant from a Primary activity. It was just a tiny thing, kind of like Laura. She really wanted to plant it out near our backyard, so we went ahead and did it, of course dreading the moment it would die. Well, we planted it and ended up forgetting about it. A few weeks later Laura came running up, super excited because her plant was growing. We went to check it out and sure enough, there was a sunflower (flowerless, of course) about eight inches tall. We thought that was pretty cool and ended up forgetting about it again. After all of our trips this summer, Aaron and I thought that the flower had probably died from neglect. Nope. As of today the sunflower is a little over seven feet tall and has a gigantic, bright yellow flower. Laura is incredibly proud of that flower. As I look out my window at that beautiful plant (sunflowers just happen to be my favorite) I've been thinking about the simple pleasures and beauties I enjoy each day. I've also thought about the similarity between the sunflower and it's planter, Laura. Something that starts out so incredibly tiny grows and develops and becomes this amazing witness of our Heavenly Father's love for us. As I look at Laura I see that He does love me because He entrusted me to care for her and to teach her. I am so thankful for the wonderful blessing in my life named Laura.
2 comments:
That is awesome! You are such a good mommy. I am loving to get to see little fun things about your life through blogging, I don't feel like your so far away anymore.
That is fun. I can't seem to keep anything alive I should probably buy some sunflowers!!!!
Post a Comment