Sunday, July 5, 2009

That Sneaky Man...

Four generations: Grandpa Jim Loveall, Dannielle (Aaron's mom), Aaron and our daughters.

The first formation near the parking area.

Looking up and out from one of the "caves" (it's more like a mini canyon).


This is Cathedral Gorge... it is where Aaron spends his workdays. Yes, I said workdays. Aaron now has a job working for Nevada State Parks. He specifically works at Cathedral Gorge, which is in Panaca and about 15 miles from us, and Beaver Dam State Park, which is 28 miles away in the mountains. Aaron started work on June 29th and seems to be enjoying it so far. He is not a Park Ranger (that requires a degree), but he is a Park Aid. He does general maintenance and helps visitors/campers. Unfortunately this job is temporary... it will end around Labor Day. But, the good news is that on the 13th he finally has an interview at the youth center. We pray he gets the position!!!
Well, about the title... this is going to sound so strange and slightly silly, but Aaron has been trying to get me to go to Cathedral Gorge for the past couple of months. He and his parents went while I was back in Iowa in March and they loved it. For some reason, and I will explain in a moment, I never felt like going. I'd seen the photos and it looked like a photo smorgousborg, but at the time he started pushing me to go, I was getting tired of all the outdoor exploring we'd been doing. That was the reasoning at the time. The past few times he's asked I think I said no more or less to be stubborn and tease my husband. Since he's been working there I've had to take him to and from the park (our VW is in Florida at the moment). On Friday his mom decided to take Grandpa Loveall to see the park and so we went early to pick Aaron up. He met up with us and we ended up exploring a bit and I took some photos. I must admit that despite the heat I really enjoyed myself and I'm looking forward to spending more time there. Of course on the way home he pointed out that he finally got me to Cathedral Gorge (that ornery cuss!).


No comments: