I loved decorating our Christmas tree as a kid. I can still remember the smell of our ornaments in the boxes, pulling them out with tinsel trailing along. I would help my parents untangle the lights then crawl behind the tree to help string them around and around where the adults couldn't reach. One year I got a small shock when plugging the light strand in. My Grandma Mac used to paint ceramics and would send my sisters and I ornaments along with her tin of goodies. She made amazing peanut brittle and fudge. Aaron and I love telling the kiddos the stories behind the different ornaments we have. Some were wedding gifts, several Aaron received while on his mission. One of my recent favorites is from the Empire State Building when I went to NYC with my mom in 2009. I also received three beautiful wooden ornaments from my in-law's trip to Germany last year. But my absolute favorites are the two I have left from Grandma Mac. I love feeling like I have small pieces of her with me, especially during the holidays. They even had the slight scent of my parents old ornament box. I wish I could figure out how to make our boxes smell like that.




No comments:
Post a Comment