Thursday, April 2, 2009

Aaron and I... The Gory Details




Copy and paste this into a new note. Replace with your answers.

1. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE?
Aaron and I met my first day at Chico 6th Ward. He was the Executive Secretary and had to take my photo for the Bishop's wall. I actually dated his roommate for about a week before we were interested in each other. He asked Donovan permission to ask me out, but said that he would have done it anyway.

2. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST DATE?
We went rollerblading in Bidwell Park before we headed up to the bishop's house in Paradise for FHE.

3. HOW LONG DID YOU DATE BEFORE YOU GOT ENGAGED?
Nine months... although he told me about two months into our relationship that he had a goal of marrying me.

4. HOW DID YOUR FIANCE PROPOSE?
Aaron had asked me to dinner and ended up sending his roommate, Jeff, over to pick me up. Jeff handed me a note from Aaron that had a clue to some significant location in our relationship. I had to guess the location and Jeff would take me there. At each location there was a group of balloons in the wedding colors we had thought about with another clue attached. It was way creative. Jeff and I ended up running out of gas between clues... luckily it was coming down from Paradise, so we coasted into a gas station at the bottom of the hill. After filling up, his car wouldn't start. So, I had to try to start it while he sprayed the starter with some kind of fluid. It finally started, but when we got back to my apartment (that's where the final clue lead us) Aaron was pretty freaked out (he thought I didn't want to marry him since we were so late!). When I walked in there was a beautiful bouquet of tiger lillies and Aaron was looking incredibly handsome. He knelt down and asked... I, of course, said yes and almost tackled him. It was perfect.

5. WHAT JOBS DID YOU TWO HAVE WHILE YOU WERE ENGAGED?
Aaron was a manager at a McDonalds and I went from working for my dad to Office Depot and finally to Blue Shield.

6. HOW LONG WERE YOU ENGAGED?
Three (long) months.

7. HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU GOT MARRIED?
I was 21 and Aaron was 25.

8. WHEN DID YOU GET MARRIED?
October 18, 2002... seems like forever ago.

9. WHAT WERE YOUR COLORS?
Dark blue (like navy), Periwinkle (grayish blue), and pale yellow. Aaron's Converse were BRIGHT yellow though...

10. HOW MANY BRIDESMAIDS DID YOU HAVE?
How many sisters do I have you mean? : D There were 5, although Codie was technically the flower girl.

11. WHO WAS YOUR MAID OF HONOR?
Cortney, although she totally ditched the reception (pretty much) to be with Denton in the foyer.

12. WHERE WAS THE CEREMONY?
The Oakland Temple

13. DID YOU HAVE A DJ OR BAND?
We made several CDs of music that we loved and Jeff handled it for us.

14. DID YOU HAVE A SONG YOU DANCED TO AND WHAT WAS IT?
We danced to "I Want To Grow Old With You" by Adam Sandler. It was all right, but we should have danced to "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel since it's the first song Aaron sang to me... on my answering machine. It took three messages.

15. DID ANYTHING GO WRONG AT THE WEDDING OR RECEPTION?
No... I just wish that we had timed everything better (cake, dance, etc.).

16. WHAT CAR DID YOU LEAVE IN AND WHAT DID IT LOOK LIKE?
My silver 2001 Toyota Echo... it was COVERED... thank you Mandy!

17. WHERE DID YOU GO FOR YOUR HONEYMOON?
We didn't have one since we were both working and going to school. We spent the night at a B&B in Chico.

18. WHAT WAS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
I'd have to say it was when we were told we were husband and wife for eternity... that was pretty powerful.

19. WOULD YOU HAVE CHANGED ANYTHING IF YOU COULD?
I suppose there are things I look back on and think "I could have done that better," but I don't think I really would change anything.

20. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN MARRIED?
It will be 7 years this October... so, 6 1/2 years.

4 comments:

Nanette said...

What a sweet story. I remember getting your wedding invitation while on my mission-you two were hanging like monkeys on a jungle gym. Sounds like you are still having fun. :0)

Aaron and Michelle said...

I remember some of those days jogging with you at the park. You were so crazy about him, you glowed whenever you talked about him! I miss you!

Tiffany said...

I forgot that our anniversaries are so close too! October 2002 was a dang good month, huh?;)

Mommy West said...

Has it really been almost 7 years? Wow! I still feel so bad that most of us missed your reception, including Grandma. By the time we realized what time it was, it was too late to get there in time. Well, at least we made it to the best part at the temple. I will never forget that day. It was so awesome in so many ways!