Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Little Fish...





So our Laura went to a beginner's swim lesson class for two weeks in July. When I told her I signed her up she freaked out. And what I mean by freaked out is she stomped around yelling about how she couldn't do it and was scared, etc. I sat her down and explained that we'd go the first day and watch, and then if she felt comfortable she could participate. Of course we got there and she saw a bunch of kids her age and decided she could try it out. The kids always got to start out sitting on the edge with their legs in the water, kicking like crazy, splashing the lifeguards/instructors. Laura always turned her head, but she was a good splasher.
In the pool they had what they called a "tot dock." It was pretty much a dock submerged in the water, creating a shallow platform for smaller kids to play on. There was a railing that went around two sides. Laura wasn't afraid of it and did really well. The only thing she really struggled with was putting her face in the water to blow bubbles. Towards the end of the two weeks she improved and could blow bubbles with her mouth, but she refused to blow bubbles with her nose. I have to say I'm so thankful for Stana (2nd photo) and Amanda (3rd photo)... they were awesome instructors and endlessly patient with Laura.
We're super excited for next summer... Kaitlyn will get to join Laura at swim lessons. Maybe Laura will be braver since her sister will be there with her.




1 comment:

Aaron and Michelle said...

I love pool pictures! It wonderful that Laura made such an improvement.