Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Yeah, Well...

I realize it's been awhile...
over a month.
What can I say, life gets busy.
So what's been happening?


I got a new fisheye lens for my camera.
You see, August 12th I turned the big 3-0.
Yep, I'm now thirty years old; in an entirely new decade of life.
It's really not that big a deal.
However, there's no better way to turn thirty than to go roller skating in Chico with your parents, hubby, and siblings.
Yes, we really did go skating without our kids.
Every few laps around the rink in my classic skates (not blades) I'd have this slightly guilty feeling about leaving the kids home with a babysitter while we skated the night away.
Then I'd bust a move and not feel as guilty.
Plus I'd see the teeny boppers dressed like streetwalkers inappropriately and not want that example for my girlies.
It just happened to be teen night.
In fact, the manager told our group that the adult session was the following night
from 9-11 pm.  We skated anyway.
Cortney made sure the DJ wished me a Happy Birthday over the PA system.
This is just about exactly what he said:
"Hey kids, I'd like to wish someone out there a very happy birthday.  You won't be this age for a very long, long, long time.  Happy thirtieth Birthday Tara!"
I almost ran over him with my classic skates, but he was a better skater than me.
I love Chico.
We had a great visit with my family... and I love that Cortney's family lives out there now.
After we got home Aaron gave me my gifts... a fisheye lens and a tuner for my viola.
Yep, I've busted the viola out of retirement.
I just haven't played it yet.
I bought a new bow and rosin.  Now that I have a tuner I should be able to start playing again.  I ought to get some new music.
Hmm...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

How fun to spend time with family! We love Chico too!!
(Welcome to the 30's club!!)